Happy Holidays

I know this is late, but better late than never, Right? Still not too late to wish anyone Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable CHRISTMAS, or that you are enjoying your HANNUKAH, or that you had a happy KWANZAA, or that you had a happy SOLSTICE! Enjoy the myths you have, enjoy the people in your life, enjoy the reason you have in your life, and hopefully keep them all properly separated!

Cheers in advance for a great 2006. Peace, prosperity and good times!

Smg_holiday_2005

“A Holiday Elf” Artwork by Nate Prophet, December 2005

(c)2005 Spring Media Group – Originally published as the SMG 2005 Holiday Card

Aaron Kinney / December 27th, 2005, 11:19 am / #1

What an awesome picture! What program did Nate use to make that? Hes got real skill!

Aaron Kinney / December 27th, 2005, 12:59 pm / #2

Thanx for the link. Those are some very powerful programs. I use photoshop alot in the web work that I do, but Ive never used anything as intense as 3D Studio Max. Thats a powerful, and expensive, program!

BlackSun / December 27th, 2005, 12:10 pm / #3

It was 3D Studio Max, ZBrush, and Photoshop. Rendering was with the standard Max renderer, and Mental Ray, with the final image post-processed and composited in Photoshop. You can see the work in progress, wireframe, texture, etc. over at Special Defects.

Sandy Kazak / January 22nd, 2006, 2:16 pm / #4

I enjoyed Christmas with your imaginary God and my real one.
Why do you bother to “enjoy Christmas”?

BlackSun / January 22nd, 2006, 5:05 pm / #5

I don’t have any gods, real or imagined. I enjoy Christmas because it is a festival of consumption, giving and receiving gifts, lots of food, drinking and good cheer.

I also have time off with my family, get to see a few movies, etc.

Christmas was orginally a pagan holiday, and my celebration is a lot closer to the original spirit of Christmas than yours.

Check this post for the real story of Christmas:

Amen A. Sigala / August 10th, 2008, 2:31 am / #6

Sean loved ur answer !
the history of the meaning of religion as Sting the singing artist and song writter said is “One’s Way O life”. So it has nothing to do with organised religion.
If everyone only really was taught the true history of Words and meaning, we all wouldn’t argue so much ! Pagan also is another one. It Doesn’t mean what it means now it JUST means VILLAGER.
S.K, please stop thinking who ever has taught u what u know has taught u correctly ! They Didn’t !!! Let go already !
also Your sarcasim is SO UNCHRIST LIKE – REALLY ! WHY BOTHER SAYING U EVEN HAVE A BELIEF IN A MONOTHEISTIC DEITY OF LOVE IF UR GOING TO BE A BIOCH !!!
Even though this comment was in late 07 I had to write my feelings !!!

Amen A. Sigala / August 17th, 2008, 3:48 am / #7

My bad, just found out S.K. is a boy -in that case AN ASSHOLE.
Since u and all God lovers r right – shut up, keep praying and let Him keep the faith going. He’s the Man and wont let the world be taken over by us Opposers/Satans.
So why do u bother w/ sarcasm, negative vibratons? What r u afraid of? That we might be right and one day u’ll go thru the Dark Night of ur Soul When God’s Presence can’t be felt anymore because u’ve realised He’s not Love but an illusive control factor in ur psych/soul? A cruel cosmic joke that took over the lives of so many for too long?
Amen
Read ur comment in Happy Birthday Mom.