The Energy Philosopher

2897l

I’ve started a new YouTube channel called The Energy Philosopher where I’ll be posting short video segments discussing energy and climate issues. The first episode is called: “Where do we go from here?” and provides a layman’s overview of our energy predicament.¬†There is also a facebook page with the same title, (please like and share) and I’ve reserved the URL theenergyphilosopher.com. Follow me on twitter¬†@EnergPhilosophy.

This was kind of a spur-of-the-moment idea. I’m doing these in one take on my MacBook Pro webcam with no lighting, no editing, and no frills. Information is the priority here. I hope to achieve 95% accuracy, if there are a few mistakes, I consider it an acceptable trade off to allow these segments to get done at all. Time permitting, and depending on viewer response, I plan to produce new content on a regular basis.

Some potential topics for upcoming episodes will include: “Can we drill our way to energy independence?” “Are biofuels a sustainable substitute for petroleum?” “How are energy and water related?” “Should we shut down our nuclear plants?” “Are higher energy prices good for the economy?” “What is the definition of natural capitalism?” “How can city-dwellers live more sustainably?” “Won’t carbon taxes kill the economy?” “What is the meaning of the phrase ‘cradle-to-cradle?’”

For now, I hope you enjoy episode 1.

Episode 1: Where do we go from here?

Doris Tracey / April 7th, 2011, 4:31 pm / #1

Sean,you did a great job on this! Thank you so much! I cannot wait for the other episodes.

BlackSun / April 7th, 2011, 7:51 pm / #2

Doris, thanks! The next one is posted on the YouTube channel. I'm trying for one per week. Cheers.

ratesConverter / June 18th, 2011, 7:19 pm / #3

We think of and talk of matter as a thing. But what is energy. We can't see it or hear it, we can only see and feel it's effects. It may be that energy is like a verb, a way of being. As a way of being, I think it could be infinite.

Fatima Hipolito / June 19th, 2012, 10:48 pm / #4

Nice to know about this post. even its really matter I love to know about this..

this site

Rohit singh / August 7th, 2013, 1:57 am / #5

low heating oil prices Look at a ezhomeheating group, they appear to get the best of all possible worlds; low heating oil prices and so are able to find superb services. Try to stop paying any sign-up fees. ezhomeheating are able to discuss along with larger fuel suppliers to obtain discount heating oil prices for his or her members. They are capable of doing this kind of along with combined purchasing power, grouping all people in an area to unite as one. Low Heating Oil Prices

ratonpramanik / August 21st, 2013, 10:55 am / #6

The particular stability from the information gathered through the custom essay writer depends on how reliable the source can be.

ratonpramanik / September 11th, 2013, 9:09 am / #7

During everything of any university student, all people desires ease numbers do my math homework sometimes. At schools, irrespective of the key, you must accomplish fundamental numbers talents.

ginpikin / November 13th, 2013, 3:48 am / #8

Your Diva Headquarters!
A quinceanera and sweet sixteen online store to meet all your event needs.
If want to know details please visit this blow link.
Good luck
mother of the bride dresses

a skeptic / November 16th, 2013, 11:47 am / #9

The issue I have with all this climate change is whether or not it's legitimate. Personally, I think the toxic societies we live in have had negative repercussions for our environment, that's obvious. But I also think the planet has a way of correcting itself, whether that bolds well for us or not.

kintommin / November 25th, 2013, 11:09 pm / #10

The first site dedicated to truly helping your book reach readers all around the world. Our service is designed to surpass language barriers by bringing Translators and Authors together.
If you want to know of it, details please visit in this below link..
good luck

translate my book

kintommin / November 25th, 2013, 11:10 pm / #11

If you want to know of it, details please visit in this below link..
good luck

kintommin / November 25th, 2013, 11:12 pm / #12

If you want to know of it, details please visit in this below link..
good luck

<ahref =http://www.translateyourebook.com/>translate my book

kintommin / November 25th, 2013, 11:13 pm / #13

If you want to know of it, details please visit in this below link..
good luck
translate my book

john / December 23rd, 2013, 2:18 am / #14

I think finding alternate ways to generate energy is now need of this world. Social Media Marketing Manchester

Clicca Prega / January 15th, 2014, 7:02 am / #15

Definitely…

Alonzo / January 16th, 2014, 4:17 am / #16

I think wind energy is one of most efficiant ways to produce energy because it saves a lot water world already is facing water crisis.

Jadon / February 12th, 2014, 7:50 am / #17

Wind energy is great form of energy it can be used as backup.

david Hudson / March 14th, 2014, 6:47 pm / #18

RallyHero is an online crowdfunding and fundraising website that helps great people fund even greater fundraisers. The rallyhero platform allows you to create beautiful fundraisers in a matter of minutes. You can raise money for causes, ideas, music, art, tragedy, vacation, personal needs, medical needs, wedding, and much more. Rallyhero allows you to donate fast and easy to any fundraiser, and as a campaign owner you receive all of your donations instantly via Wepay.
Crowd funding

Jain / August 5th, 2014, 6:21 am / #19

apartments in dubai for sale

top essay sites / October 14th, 2014, 10:57 am / #20

We have physically sort out students issue and meet with them and providing graduation essay for students. we manage work with quick response and providing great knowledge online.

Tech and Trends / October 17th, 2014, 5:06 am / #21

hat is energy. We can't see it or hear it, we can only see and feel it's effects. It may be that energy is like a verb, a way of being. cisco training brisbane

PassBeeMedia / October 19th, 2014, 1:47 am / #22

Thanks for a good article. I appreciated the links on Artic Oscillation, etc.

Tech and Trends / October 19th, 2014, 11:08 pm / #23

well clarify things and our center just instruction advancement and one of the incredible route and here the best continue author administration surveys accessible paper writing service and we have extraordinary offer for understudies online with composing arrangements. microsoft training brisbane