Rock Against Religion

Rock Against Religion

Hundreds of music-lovers descended on one of the capital’s tiniest suburbs at the weekend in support of an anti-religious rock concert. The 7-7-7 Rock Against Religion gig drew supporters to Hazelwood on Saturday. It also drew several prayer groups hoping to stop the event. The organisers, Architecture of Aggression (AOA), one of the country’s most popular heavy metal bands, said the concert, which took place at Cafe Arc, was aimed at getting people to speak about religion. AOA vocalist and guitarist Anton Alberts said: “If we lived in an ideal world there would be no need to have such outspoken events. This would not even make the news.

vjack / July 9th, 2007, 12:33 pm / #1

Interesting. I’d like to see more of this type of thing. Religion is a problem and like other problems, it is good to raise awareness.

BlackSun / July 12th, 2007, 6:20 pm / #2

Vjack,

I always wish more musicians would do this too. I think they’re too worried about alienating portions of their audience.

But a good concert for me is about the closest thing to a religious experience–with good reason, the same areas of the brain are stimulated–but much more interesting and fulfilling.

Check out both the new Rush and the new NIN. Both very anti-religious. I hope to have time to post on them soon.

Manuel D. Bernardino / March 1st, 2012, 6:42 am / #3

Dear Sean
I've read attentively you Exposé on Rock and Roll in America - see below - with increasing interest.
Do you remember those words? Who were you then? Who are now? Who are you really? Really who and what are you? Are you sure who you are now? Do you intend to shift to another form any of these days?
Will you please tell me how to get parts II and III of your wonderful exposé? Why don't you post them on your journal, blogs, facebook, etc for the people to realize who you were?
Now you're serving Darkness and Hell, do you really realize where are you going to?

top news today / July 17th, 2014, 7:53 am / #4

In this world we believe that people have different religions and different demands for that, we are not just supporting those people here but we think that they have issue and we must respect them if possible. Every one has some value with some respect either she/he is christian, muslim or hindu or any religion that he or she possess, for more details please click here.

KING / August 12th, 2014, 9:49 pm / #5

If we live in an ideal world there would be no need such outspoken events. Can not believe the power of music! . click here

the blog / November 4th, 2014, 3:56 am / #6

best essayservice / February 24th, 2015, 5:39 am / #7

I might want to thank you for making this best essay service. I am expecting the same as best essay service from you later on too. Your essay service related articles are helpful to students essay writing training. Thank you.

leena / May 5th, 2015, 9:20 pm / #8

What, I feel, we ought to mean is something so obvious that it is apt to escape attention altogether, viz: (…) that a woman is just as much an ordinary human being as a man, with the same individual preferences, and with just as much right to the tastes and preferences of an individual. What is repugnant to every human being is to be reckoned always as a member of a class and not as an individual person.”
clash of clans free gems hack no download 2015

jassica / May 6th, 2015, 10:20 pm / #9

Standard lawn protection is the easiest method to give your children their restrictions. They will realize that the perform area is at the boundary from it.STANDARD GRASS PROTECTION REINFORCEMENT MESH

trivia crack hack / May 15th, 2015, 9:32 am / #10

“You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth of falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you. It is easy to say you believe a rope to be strong and sound as long as you are merely using it to cord a box. But suppose you had to hang by that rope over a precipice. Wouldn't you then first discover how much you really trusted it?”

voyance tarot / May 20th, 2015, 2:34 am / #11

“You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”

triche hay day / May 26th, 2015, 8:54 pm / #12

“You're different. And I'm different too. Different is good. But different is hard. Believe me, I know.”

astuce boom beach / May 26th, 2015, 8:55 pm / #13

“It’s hard to be different,” Scarborough said. “And perhaps the best answer is not to tolerate differences, not even to accept them. But to celebrate them. Maybe then those who are different would feel more loved, and less, well, tolerated.”

shanti / May 27th, 2015, 12:43 am / #14

“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.”
hay day triche gratuit