Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous.

1219l.jpg

Gawker is standing up to the Scientology thugs, and now someone has released this anonymous but earnest sounding threat video. Let’s hope this is “The beginning of the end” for the Dave (Miscavige) and Tom (Cruise) freak show.

Also, while we’re at it, let’s replace the word Scientology with “religion” everywhere it appears:

“Hello, religion. We are the voices of reality. The storm clouds are gathering on the horizon. We acknowledge you as a serious opponent. You will not prevail forever. Your methods, hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your manipulations have sounded your death knell. Reality is on the march.”

Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation; suppression of dissent; your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who trust you, who call you leader, has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind–for the laughs–we shall expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We acknowledge you as a serious opponent, and we are prepared for a long, long campaign. You will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your methods, hypocrisy, and the artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell.

You cannot hide; we are everywhere.

We cannot die; we are forever. We’re getting bigger every day–and solely by the force of our ideas, malicious and hostile as they often are. If you want another name for your opponent, then call us Legion, for we are many.

Yet for all that we are not as monstrous as you are; still our methods are a parallel to your own. Doubtless you will use the Anon’s actions as an example of the persecution you have so long warned your followers would come; this is acceptable. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Gradually as we merge our pulse with that of your “Church”, the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will wake, and see that salvation has no price. They will know that the stress, the frustration that they feel is not something that may be blamed upon Anonymous. No–they will see that it stems from a source far closer to each. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of the RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

WE DO NOT FORGET.

Expect us.

Oz Atheist / January 25th, 2008, 10:10 pm / #1

I’ve always thought the Church of Scientology (CoS) were a bit weird, but it’s only recently I’ve found out how paranoid they are, and how nasty they get. There was a good article in the paper the other day, a follow up to this in which the author discussed the number of people and the amount of money CoS spent suing them. It was quite alarming.

Louis / January 26th, 2008, 12:56 am / #2

Oh there is a definite backlash and this one isn’t going away anytime soon. Even if they buried all the sales of those Scientology books (to the duped) into lawsuits… I’ve certainly done my share to see a link to one of many versions now in circulation are seen by many eyes. ;)

Sometimes the backlash is even funny:

HERE!

Tom Cruise, you should have stuck to lip syncing in your underpants. Speaking that cuckoo horseshit IS going to be the end of your career.

Good riddance!

That goes double for Scientology and all other religious nonsense.

Abogada de la Diabla / January 26th, 2008, 12:26 pm / #3

Wow! I didn’t even know what an SP was until today. Horseshit is right.

It’s about time we start looking at behavior couched in religion as any other behavior. And it’s our right to be suspicious. Any religion that charges a fortune for its “teachings” is suspect in my opinion. And why is it that the atmosphere at the medal-bestowing ceremony for Tom Cruise has been described by many as eerily reminiscent of fascist times? Group delusion is a real phenomenon. Still, people who buy into it are responsible for their actions. Anyone who can swallow the preposterous doctrines propagated as divine by other enterprising mortals deserves what he gets.

Bravo

Aaron Kinney / January 30th, 2008, 5:06 pm / #4

HAHAHA I cant wait! I hope anonymous actually does something significant. Feb 10th is the grand opening of the war on Hubbardists.

Aaron Kinney / January 30th, 2008, 5:07 pm / #5

I didnt notice this part:

“–for the laughs–”

do it for the LOLZ! :D

Louis / January 30th, 2008, 8:14 pm / #6

I think stuff like:

THIS!

is a great idea.

The DOS attacks:

Talked about here.

As one part of project Chanology… I am much less enthusiastic about. Sean, what do you think about using the DOS attacks as part of a much larger campaign?

BlackSun / January 31st, 2008, 12:29 pm / #7

Louis,

I don’t condone illegal activity. However, since guarantees of religious freedom in this country give CoS a carte blanche to engage in myriad unethical practices, this is a gray area.

Sometime it is necessary to fight fire with fire.

I would prefer an education/awareness/protest campaign. But I’m not shedding any tears over the DDOS attacks. Unfortunately it allows the CoS to play the persecution card. But they’ve been doing this all along anyway.

It’s hard to know how to attack such a beast. I think all options are necessary. If CoS is to be destroyed, it will be death from a thousand cuts.

Unfortunately, I have seen how resilient belief systems can be based on the principle of the investment of believers. They become reluctant to declare that they made a bad investment of their time/money/lives. So they keep defending the belief systems even as they are being sucked dry.

So the best we can hope for is to starve the CoS of new recruits by continuing to make the belief system the subject of unending ridicule. We therefore increase the social cost people have to pay when they decide to join up. At some point, hopefully, that calculation will dissuade most people.

That to me is the best medium term outcome.

Long term, I would hope to see a change in the law which would require complete transparency and strong government oversight for tax-exempt organizations. This would hopefully shut down the frauds like Scientology.

Louis / January 31st, 2008, 12:53 pm / #8

Yeah, I am hoping the end result is a greater public awareness of CoS internal policies and documents like Fair Game Policy (Law). That policy falls under KSW that Tom Cruise mentions in that irrational rant video that was leaked.

It really is disgusting.

I think the general public would be a lot more receptive to revoking tax exempt status if they knew about these policies and how they have been employed by CoS.

Louis / January 31st, 2008, 12:55 pm / #9

whoops, can’t edit that second link…

This is the correct target.

robert / February 7th, 2008, 12:23 pm / #10

Honestly, Scientology doesn’t bother me a bit. I don’t care that people are stupid enough to give their money to the organization. No Scientologist has ever done me wrong. Christianity, however has. And I’m not talking about the “Word of Faith” type Xianity of buffoons like Benny Hinn, I mean standard, traditional mainstream evangelical Christianity, which has filled my life with such despair. I would much rather “anonymous” go after that rather than waste time on a comical, silly sect such as Scientology.

Cristy / February 9th, 2008, 7:19 am / #11

I agree with Robert. The Catholic church does tithing (ie requires its members to pay. It looks information up in secret vaults, bribes people not to speak when its priests molest children, encourages homophobia and antisemitism, blocks women from holding powerful positions….the list goes on and on.

BlackSun / February 9th, 2008, 3:57 pm / #12

Robert and Cristy,

Two wrongs don’t make a right. The Catholic church has just had a little more time to consolidate their corruption. But Scientology unchecked will give the Catholics a run for their money, I’m sure. Those folks are deadly serious. Their “war on psychiatry” is already affecting the profession.

As a rationalist, I consider both organizations to be qualitatively an equal affront to human dignity.

AnonW / March 5th, 2008, 11:40 am / #13

The Anonymous anti-Co$ protests will take place worldwide on March 15. Not about beliefs, but about child labour, ‘disconnection’ from families, civil and human rights abuses, mysterious deaths and suicides, mental and physical abuse, enforced abortions, the pyramid selling scheme, tax exempt status gained in exchange for dropping 2200 lawsuits against the IRS, the ‘Fair Game’ policy… The protest is about the corrupt core of Scientology, not the beliefs of its followers.

For more information see http://www.enturbulation.org

Podblack / March 19th, 2008, 12:23 am / #14

A good discussion with the protesters via TANK vodcast as to why they choose to protest - some with personal reasons - San Fran:

and the previous episode of TANK - in Sydney:

Louis / August 2nd, 2008, 6:48 am / #15

Apologies for necroing this old thread, but just found this video on you tube.

The interview is long, (2+ hours) and even though the guy has been out of Scientology just over a year… it is still heavily laden with the cults terminology and the guy is still holding on to a lot of the junk he learned inside the movement.

It a visceral and honest interview and though long, I found it a good watch. Very informative and I can certainly identify with a ton of what he says about the WHY? of it all.

WATCH!

It didn’t go live immediately as someone managed to get the poster banned prior to it being aired. I am glad so many came to the posters defense, this clip needs to be aired… hence I draw more attention to it.

janus / June 5th, 2010, 10:46 pm / #16

Scientology IS the Catholic Church–circa 1500. It uses tactics and tautology that are mirror.

If Scientology ruled the world, and it wants to, you would long for the Inquisition.