Awe and Wonder

Cellular_visions

Cellular Visions

To those who say matter and physical life has no meaning and does not inspire awe: Watch this video of human cellular processes in action. The wonder of life is within us. If this doesn’t make you feel something, I don’t know what would.

Spectacular. Religion will never come close to the joys of self-knowledge.

doris tracey / October 2nd, 2006, 7:41 pm / #1

Hi Sean,

What science has discoverd is incredable! Aren’t science and religion the same thing?The omni-science of life is awesome!One day history and future history will vibrate at the same frequency and will no longer be past or future,but today!

BlackSun / October 2nd, 2006, 8:01 pm / #2

Doris, the people who try to equate science and religion are nearly always religious.

Science has nothing to gain from religion. Religion always tries to gain stature by comparing itself to science.

Everything we know or will ever know about our universe comes through the scientific method. The rest is subjective fantasy.

doris tracey / October 2nd, 2006, 8:25 pm / #3

Sean,

Men of science and men of religion have always come to the same conclusion that life is a fantasy!

BlackSun / October 2nd, 2006, 9:08 pm / #4

Doris, now you’re playing word games. If someone threatened to end your life, you would soon realize that it was far more valuable than a ‘fantasy.’

What did you think of the video? Pretty stunning stuff going on in our cells, huh?

doris tracey / October 3rd, 2006, 6:00 pm / #5

Hi sean,
I just received your last nights e-mail and I’m sorry to say I couldn’t figure out how to get the video on. I saw the picture and it was magnificent. It looks so cosmic! I hope you had a great day Sean. You are a scientist really and many other things also. Talk to you again! Doris

doris tracey / October 3rd, 2006, 6:59 pm / #6

Sean,

I don’t know why I was thinking audio instead of video and again I did see that magnificent Video. You find the greatest things! Good night Sean.

Doris

Aaron Kinney / October 4th, 2006, 4:40 pm / #7

That last line you wrote was gold:

“Religion will never come close to the joys of self-knowledge.”

BlackSun / October 4th, 2006, 6:04 pm / #8

Thanks Aaron, I’m blushing now. It’s true, though!

say no to christ / October 5th, 2006, 2:21 pm / #9

Well I couldn’t get the video to work, but I have seen a lot of films on biology and such and I can say for certainty that it is amazing.

There is a true spiritual connection between humans, knowlege of the natural world of wich we are a part of and reality.
There is nothing spiritual in beliefs that are imposible, absurd, and seperate people from our natural world.

Brian Sweeney / October 11th, 2006, 7:32 pm / #10

Sean,

“Spectacular. Religion will never come close to the joys of self-knowledge.”

I think your dad would agree with those exact words.

BlackSun / October 20th, 2006, 11:58 am / #11

@Brian Sweeney: Maybe so, but with a starkly different interpretation. More importantly, do you agree with them?